Skip to main content

Mall Time

We had a visit to one of the local malls recently ... they have a very nice play area for the children with a padded floor and a "space" theme, shuttle and all. There are things to climb on and through ... and, as far as Patrick is concerned, the coolest part is that the shuttle has pilot and co-pilot seats with steering wheels.

He immediately headed for the "cockpit" and waited patiently as child after child (many of them significantly larger than him) jumped into the seat. I stepped over after a few minutes in the hopes that some child would give him a chance at the pilot's seat.

No luck ... they certainly didn't care and their parents were doing nothing , as well.

Patrick, getting bored noticed that he could crawl through the body of the shuttle ... all cool until he got boxed in by several children (again, not small) heading toward him from both sides. This is the point where I stepped in ... especially since I could see that the pilot seat was actually free.

He loved it ... steering the shuttle for a few minutes. Can you believe that several of the children actually asked me if I could move him out of the way? Five minutes of play after almost thirty minutes of excruciating patience on his part and they wanted me to stop it early ...

Eventually, he moved a bit and got bumped out of the seat, at which point I suggested to Patrick's Mama that we take him down by the ice-cream shop. I remembered them having some coin operated devices (cars, space ship, and helicopter).

He loved the car, a jeep actually ... it had a lion cub, a monkey, and a hippo riding along with him.

Heaven!

To top of the day, we got family photos done in one of the booths that snap four photos ...

Some days should be cherished forever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Bits

Yesterday was a long work day ... I would have said a long day at work, but I was there, headed home, then had to return in the evening to work with the evening shift. I got home early in the afternoon and basically did nothing. I tried to nap ... to no avail. When Jen got home with Patrick, I basically had time to eat dinner, then head out the door again. The truly painful part was Patrick and Jen standing on the front porch ... with Patrick screaming, reaching for me as I drove off. I heard his screams until I well out of sight. According to Jen, as soon as he realized I was not coming back right away, he stopped yelling ... turned around and started playing with the doorbell and the screen door. His discomfort lasted significantly less than mine did ... I was ready to head home for hours. What focus!

Getting Involved

This is the second night in a row that we were able to spend time and Grandma and Papap's ... Patrick enjoys it so much! We even had a rousing rendition of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" with all five of us involved ... yes, Patrick is pitching in now. He runs from person to person, giving a bit to each one of us ... there is never a dull moment. Tonight, he repeated a new activity from last night. Last night, it was getting everyone involved in chasing him around the house ... tonight, we had this activity, but what we saw was that he wanted to play different games and wanted certain people involved. This is when he went to each person that needed to be involved and grabbed a finger, pulling them along. He even checked every now and then to make sure they were still following. Such an amazing child ... knows how to ensure that we sleep well.

What If?

Jen and I have asked ourselves few questions along the way ... I'm sure there will be more, but here are some of the answers we have found: What if he drinks the bath water? He might feel queasy or get diarrhea if the water is soapy, but he will not have a problem with germs unless he bathes with someone else, says Philip Tierno, Ph.D., director of clinical microbiology at New York University Medical Center, in New York City, and author of The Secret Life of Germs. Wash children one at a time, and try not to let them drink the water. What if he sticks his finger into a socket? Standard household current would give a child a mild shock, similar to that from static electricity, says Liza DeWitt, M.D., a pediatrician at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee. The child would be startled and probably pull his hand away, but electrical skin burns can still occur. What can be more serious is not pulling away immediately, which can put him at risk of internal o...