Skip to main content

Nothing is Incredible

What a cool day ... we did nothing exciting, but had some fun.

We all needed haircuts, but the place we chose did not do the coloring that Jen was looking for.

Patrick and I got our hair done ... he sat in the booster seat with no issue (OK, a little concerned over the hair dryer, but he did cry as we left, so not too concerned).

We then went someplace else to get Jen's hair done ... since we were looking at two hours, I opted to do the shopping with Patrick.

He was awesome in the store ... talking with other kids as they went by and holding the new Swifer I was getting Jen (all kinds of excitement this weekend ... she did ask for a new one) ... really, he would not let go.

Then, we headed back to the salon where we waited in the car ... Patrick got to drive!

After a few people walking by commenting on the toddler steering the Jeep (yes, we were in Park the whole time) ... Patrick managed to get the window open and started having conversations with all the people going by. He was "the talk of the town" by the time Jen arrived and we headed home.

What an amazing day of nothing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Bits

Yesterday was a long work day ... I would have said a long day at work, but I was there, headed home, then had to return in the evening to work with the evening shift. I got home early in the afternoon and basically did nothing. I tried to nap ... to no avail. When Jen got home with Patrick, I basically had time to eat dinner, then head out the door again. The truly painful part was Patrick and Jen standing on the front porch ... with Patrick screaming, reaching for me as I drove off. I heard his screams until I well out of sight. According to Jen, as soon as he realized I was not coming back right away, he stopped yelling ... turned around and started playing with the doorbell and the screen door. His discomfort lasted significantly less than mine did ... I was ready to head home for hours. What focus!

Getting Involved

This is the second night in a row that we were able to spend time and Grandma and Papap's ... Patrick enjoys it so much! We even had a rousing rendition of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" with all five of us involved ... yes, Patrick is pitching in now. He runs from person to person, giving a bit to each one of us ... there is never a dull moment. Tonight, he repeated a new activity from last night. Last night, it was getting everyone involved in chasing him around the house ... tonight, we had this activity, but what we saw was that he wanted to play different games and wanted certain people involved. This is when he went to each person that needed to be involved and grabbed a finger, pulling them along. He even checked every now and then to make sure they were still following. Such an amazing child ... knows how to ensure that we sleep well.

What If?

Jen and I have asked ourselves few questions along the way ... I'm sure there will be more, but here are some of the answers we have found: What if he drinks the bath water? He might feel queasy or get diarrhea if the water is soapy, but he will not have a problem with germs unless he bathes with someone else, says Philip Tierno, Ph.D., director of clinical microbiology at New York University Medical Center, in New York City, and author of The Secret Life of Germs. Wash children one at a time, and try not to let them drink the water. What if he sticks his finger into a socket? Standard household current would give a child a mild shock, similar to that from static electricity, says Liza DeWitt, M.D., a pediatrician at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee. The child would be startled and probably pull his hand away, but electrical skin burns can still occur. What can be more serious is not pulling away immediately, which can put him at risk of internal o...